To My Editor And Beyond!

Okay, so if you're not a friend of mine on Facebook this is me telling you what I've told my facebook friends this morning.  SAVING GRACE is in the hands of my EDITOR! Yay!  This may take a few weeks, depending on how craptabulous my grammar is.  Which, I'm telling ya, is CRAPTABULOUS!  She goes through my sentence structure and my horrible habit of typing the entirely wrong homophones, even though I usually know the difference I just type too darn fast for my brain. Or is it my brain tells the story too darn fast for my big fat fingers?  I dunno.  And remember my two year old loves to kick me and sit behind me on my chair while I type.
Anyway a bunch of you ladies have been asking me all about it, and you're waiting very patiently (thank you).  God, I hope I don't let you down.  The story is definitely a continuation of Fall From Grace.  It continues exactly where Grace left off, and hell no it's not going to be so easy for a happily ever after.  I still need angst and stuff!  So I did my best.  Now, I'm working on Shane's POV.  I posted about this before, I think.  I have no freaking clue what the heck I write on this blog.
Writing through Shane's eyes is pretty freaking funny though.  I know I've written about me having a husband.  And we have one of our best friends (I've known him since high school) who is staying with us while he goes through splitting up with his bat-shit-crazy girlfriend (YES I WROTE THAT!  BECAUSE SHE IS BAT-SHIT-CRAZY!)  He's been here a few weeks.  Anyway, I have two men to talk me through how a guy would deal with certain situations.  It helps that my friend, Phil, is a freaking slut now that he's free from the lunatic.  A slut.  A real life MANWHORE!  The stories he tells me are hysterical and he's not even a singer in rock band.  He's a dumbass electrician.  And then there's my husband.  I won't even try to explain him.  So, they are helping me in this story.  Like last night for instance.  The both of them kept me up until 2am in my backyard (in my pajamas, since I was so thoughtfully carried out of my bed) drinking and talking about what men really think about women.  Holy crap, they are really worse than we are.  And then it just went all downhill.  It was just, "Chris show me your boobies," after every sentence.  FROM THE BOTH OF THEM!  I did not by the way, not to Phil at least ;)  I wasn't THAT drunk.
On another note, I finished Futures and Frosting, which was HYSTERICAL!  In all honesty I want to desperately meet Tara Sivec because she seems like someone I could probably be my mouthy self with and have a damn good time.  If you have not read her books, GO BUY THEM NOW!  They will make you laugh out loud.  It reminded me so much of me and my girlfriends and how much fun life can be!
Love you all!  XOXO

Comments

  1. k so i just finished Fall from Grace last nite n my sis n law did the nite before we read books together and she called me while i was half way through cursing lol she finished n was like left hanging lol when i got to the end i screamed too ( a good scream ) ;) i have mixed feelings i luv luv Shane feel bad for Gabriel a bit a tiny bit lol and disappointed in Grace for not openening her eyes but very excited to know that book 2 will follow i dont how much longer i can wait argggh. thanks to Maryse we found your story!!! u rock look forward to more and fyi omgeee Tara Sivec is hilarious i feel the same it reminds me of my girlfriends still havnt read her 2nd book but im plan to this weekend !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book is amazing FANTABULOUS if you ask me LOL and PLEASE PLEASE why is the 2nd book taking so long.. :) Can't wait to read on !!! Good luck!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved, loved, loved Fall From Grace - so I thought I'd look you up to see if you were planning on writing a 2nd book to the series. So 2 things - I am so freaking HAPPY that you have written a second one (I don't have to wait too long for it) and secondly, you crack me up! This was the best author post I have ever read. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies so much! Saving Grace is still with my editor - and I'm waiting on a new cover artist I thought I'd try :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVED Fall From Grace. I started it last night and couldn't put it down and finished it today. It was absolutely amazing & I cannot wait for book 2! I know you mention that the sequel is a continuation of Fall From Grace but will it entirely be in Shane's point of view? Any slight teasers that Shane & Grace will see each other again? I know you mention angst - but a part of me hopes for some closure for them both - even in the smallest level. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much! I'm happy you liked the story. And no worries, there won't be a crazy cliff hanger ending and you'll get closure. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

$ .99 in November! Books on SALE!

All Nighter

Saving Grace!